I know it can be tempting to wake up and go straight to caffeine but studies show that drinking coffee too soon after rising decreases its energizing effects, as your stress hormone cortisol is at its peak level at this time. What your body really needs is hydration! Water increases your red blood cell counts, and also increases the oxygen you receive to the brain. The increase in oxygen will create more alertness and energy so you can start your morning off right.
Here’s a caffeine free morning drink to help fuel the cells, hydrate your body, and lay a solid foundation for the day.
What you need:
½ a squeezed lemon
1-2 teaspoons magnesium (live pristine is my favorite)
1-2 teaspoons chlorophyll
Stir and enjoy
Benefits of Magnesium Bicarbonate:
- Magnesium is the fourth most abundant mineral in the human’s body and is essential to good health.
- Magnesium Bicarbonate helps to maintain normal nerve and muscle function, plays a role in bone growth, supports the energy metabolism and helps in the maintenance of a normal balance in water and mineral concentrations in the human body.
- Magnesium bicarbonate is more important than calcium, potassium, and sodium bicarbonate as it regulates all of them.
- Magnesium has been known to help relieve chronic stress, migraines, insomnia, & depression.
Benefits of Chlorophyll:
- Helps boost energy levels
- Has blood building properties
- Oxygenates the body
- Extracts toxins from the liver
- High in amino acids
- Helps fight infection
- Helps skin disorders
Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water:
- Drinking warm lemon water on an empty stomach daily can keep you hydrated and replenish the lost nutrients of the body.
- It helps rev up your energy
- Aids in digestion
- Prevents oxidation
- Provides a potassium boost
- Provides vitamin c
- It stabilizes your appetite.
- It promotes clear skin.
After you drink this you can eat breakfast and either have coffee/tea then, or after, or not at all. This simple habit can help decrease anxiety, digestive upset, headaches and will bring more balanced energy to your day.